Bangor murder accused: Preliminary Enquiry now due in March

Bangor murder accused: Preliminary Enquiry now due in March

A PRELIMINARY Enquiry - the legal step to send a case to the Crown Court - is now due to be held on March 23 in relation to a man with a Bangor address who is accused of murder.

Daniel Szcezyelak, (36), of Beatrice Road, Bangor, is charged with murdering 53-year-old Nigel Orr-McAuley on July 14 last year.

Mr Orr-McAuley died following a stabbing at a property at Beatrice Road.

A defence lawyer previously told Newtownards Magistrates Court (main picture): "Factually matters are accepted but it is going to be an issue of mens rei, diminished responsibility".

The defence lawyer also recently said the defence have been "in discussions" with the Public Prosecution Service.

A recent court heard the Preliminary Enquiry had originally been due on February 23.